Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another Yummy Birthday


I am so happy that I finally found and purchased a Martha Stewart cupcake paper punch! It was the last one at the Hilo Ben Franklin Crafts store. I'm sure there will be more available soon. Anyway, the punch inspired me to design this birthday card. It's not obvious from this photo but I am proud that I found just the right paper to use for the cupcake frosting. The thick cream colored mulberry paper from Mountain Idea Co. (sold at BFC) really gives a texture that looks like swirled frosting. After punching out the cupcake frosting shape I applied a thin coat of white glue and sprinkled the frosting with fine white crystal glitter (MS). For the cupcake paper I used a paper crimper after punching out the shape. The large scalloped circle is a rubber stamp design from Hero Arts as is the rubber stamp for the word 'delight' (part of a set). The words, 'Another Yummy Birthday' is from a Studio G mini set. The sparkling wands are stickers from Mrs. Grossman. I have another idea for using the cupcake punch and I'll try it tomorrow.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Very nice card Lynn! You put a lot of work into making this. I love that scallop stamp and now I need to get one.