Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cupcake Love

I don't know anyone who doesn't love cupcakes. I think my attraction to cupcakes is their petite size and the fact that you get a whole cake to yourself (unless you're forced to 'share'). Although I don't bake cupcakes too often, I got real excited when I saw the Wilton cake/cupcake carrier. The carrier is cleverly designed to hold a sheet cake or two different sizes of cupcakes. The plastic container with a handle is intended for safe transportation of your baked goods. I can't wait for an opportunity to make and take cupcakes somewhere.....mmm-mm-mmm maybe this Easter!
Also at Ben Franklin Crafts I found a sweet cupcake book, 'bake me I'm yours.... cupcake ' by Joan and Graham Belgrave. The beginning of this book has basic recipes and instructions for making tasty cupcakes but most of the book is devoted to decorating cupcakes that are almost too pretty to eat. If you are not much of a baker, you might want to make cupcakes from a mix and then just follow the decorating instructions from this book to make your cupcakes look like those from a specialty bakery.

No comments: