Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Stone Pendant with 'Love' Character

The new gemstone focal beads from 'Imagine It' are beautiful and reasonably priced. Each large semi-precious stone is mounted individually on a card to showcase its uniqueness and design possibilities. The large-hole, rectangular, neutral-colored pendant bead in the photo seemed to suggest an Asian look. Because most Asian designs have simple lines, I decided keep the construction of this necklace minimalistic. I used sterling silver wire and simple wire wrapping. For the cording I chose Greek leather and added a cord crimp hook and eye. I'm not sure if the cat bead is available at BFC but I know that there are lots of other carved animal beads at the store. I think that you will also be inspired by the new line of Imagine It focal beads. I will probably write up this pendant project for the craft club website (http://www.bfcraftclub.com/) and definitely will continue to create unique jewelry with these exciting new beads.

No comments: