Thursday, September 24, 2009

Candy Corn Treat Box

I was rearranging my stack of Sizzix die cutters when I noticed that the triangle box one looked like a big candy corn.....too much Halloween on my mind I guess. Anyway, I cut out the box from glossy white paper. After folding the box, I colored it with markers hoping that it would look like the surface of a real candy corn. It looked okay but I decided to glamorize it with glitter and it looked much more festive. House Mouse clear stamps are from the Halloween set. I cut a slit on the top of the box to hold the stamped word rectangle. Of course, I think that this box should be filled with candy corn. It would make a good favor box/name place card if you wrote the guest's name on the rectangle card. I desperately want to get some of the Dandelion Designs Halloween stamps to decorate my other candy corn boxes. Jean, are you bringing some to Hilo with you to sell at the Ben Franklin Crafts store? I hope so.

3 comments:

kris said...

What a creative way to use that die! OMGosh it's cute!! Love it Lynn! TFS! hugs, Kris

Cheryl said...

Your candy corn box turned out really cute Lynn!!! I love all the sparkle! So nice to see you yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Omg I love this... Can you tell me what this die is called. All I can find is the long skinny triangle.