Monday, September 28, 2009

Saturday at Ben Frankln Crafts

I had a craftalicious Saturday at BFC because I saw Cheryl and Jean at the paper party in Hilo. They both had super projects to share and inspired me to keep thinking up new paper ideas. Cheryl's project for Halloween was a windowed Hello Kitty envelope for treats. She even supplied the chocolates! Jean (Dandelion Designs) made the cutest pumpkin card with a flip up lid that revealed one of her delightful characters. Thank you to both of these creative gals who brought their talents to Hilo.

Saturday was also a good shopping day for me. I purchased lots of the new Hero Arts holiday stamp sets. Also Ben Franklin Crafts had Hero Arts felt snowflakes and poinsettias, which I think will be fun to add to my Christmas cards. In the Bead Shoppe I discovered a clever new product, a magnetic heart locket and a locket bracelet. These lockets have are see-through and can be purchased with teeny tiny charms/letters, which fit in the lockets. The locket on the bracelet is fastened with lobster claw clasps. I filled my bracelet locket with all red charms ( for Valentine's Day) and the necklace locket has my intials. I plan to add some antique kimono fabric to the necklace for some color. These lockets are selling like hotcakes so you should check them out. They will make great gifts for a friend or yourself. Oh, and if you're in Kona, check out our new Ace Hardware/Crafts combo store. We hope you like it!

No comments: