Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hello Kitty Halloween Cupcake Box

I wanted to make something cute for Halloween and so I looked in my Hello Kitty Sizzix drawer. I thought about making a sweet costume for Mimi, maybe a pumpkin. (My son actually went trick-o-treating as a pumpkin when he was two......I've got the blackmail photos to prove it.....so-o-o cute!) Then I thought about cupcakes (I'm still thinking about them) and looked for my Sizzlet sweet treats die cutter. The cupcake image was just the right size for the Hello Kitty Sizzlet image. I think that the sweet Hello Kitty in a cupcake costume on a take-out box made from wonky Imaginisce Halloween cardstock is rather humorous because it is an unlikely pairing. The finishing touch was finding the right ribbon to stamp on with 'Happy Halloween Cupcake' (which can be interpreted two different ways). Of course, a treat box like this must be filled with a deliciously decorated cupcake! The full instructions for this project will appear on our Ben Franklin Craft Club website (http://www.bfcraftclub.com/) . Sending you sweet treat thoughts for stopping by and reading this blog.