Monday, December 21, 2009

Snowmen and Thank yous

I realized that I didn't use this jumbo snowman clear stamp set (Stampendous) that I purchased from Craft in the City (Bishop St.) and Christmas is this week! Since I needed one more Christmas card and wanted to give out another cookie bag, I decided to see what I could create with this fun stamp set. First of all, I want to caution you to carefully remove the stamps from the acetate sheet because I broke the thin outer line of the snowman......not to worry, it can still be used. Anyway, the fun technique of piecing (shown by Cheryl on the Joy of Crafting) was used on the snowman with the red scarf. I had a scrap of flocked ribbon lying on my desk and stamped the scarf on it. The ribbon scarf added lots of texture and color to the card.....easier and better than coloring. I added a real jingle bell to the cap and glued on a shiny plastic candy cane. The other card has a snippet of a mini garland and 'Let It Snow' ribbon for texture and movement. Finally, the cookie bag used a MS corner punch to accomodate the ribbon handle and the blue gauzy snowflake ribbon scarf was used to close the bag (through holes made with a bookbinder screw punch). All the snowmen were colored minimally with markers and then glittered..

Thank you to all who visited this blog site in 2009. I've enjoyed all your comments and hope that you will return often in 2010. It is my blog goal to give a personal connection to our loyal Ben Franklin Crafts customers and craft club members, as well as sharing freely my tips and projects. Crafting adds beauty to the world; it is a productive way to maintain good mental health. Sharing your crafts will spread good cheer throughout the world, throughout the year......maybe for infinity. (Who knows where our cyber blogs go?) Love to the universe, Lynn

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hi Lynn,
How sweet of you to drop off that cute package of goodies!!! I was surprised when my husband came home with it. Thank you so much!!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!