Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Chipboard Post-It Carrier



Recently, I've purchased several Sizzix
dies capable of cutting through chipboard. The dies can be used with the extra long cutting pad on the regular Big Shot. However, the chipboards available are usually uncolored or white on one side. This makes for a rather boring die cut project. To make a more decorative paper project I attached scrapbooking paper to the chipboard with spray adhesive. Although this worked, there was still the unsightly crease/cut lines along the edges. I've been advised to color them in with markers but I thought that filling in the crease with something seemed like a better solution. I discovered thin cording (like the satin rattail cording used for lei-making) adhered with Fabri-Tac glue does a great job of covering the exposed chipboard innards. I was not able to keep this box together even with the red Tacky Tape so I used the Fabri-Tac for a secure seal. For this project I used variegated green cording, a flower button (embellished with a pink glittered dot sticker), and a magnetic button closure. This box would make a good reusable container for a gift card or could be used to carry around Post-It note tabs....great if you are doing research reading while traveling.




No comments: