Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Baby Album Decorated in Minutes

I wanted to make a baby album as a shower gift for our dear Carin in the Craft Club office. (We couldn't handle the craft club membership cards without her.) As usual I didn't come up with an idea until just before I needed to give her a gift (before the baby arrives). The Mrs. Grossman album was plain pink (yes, it's a girl!) so I just had to fancy it up. Looking at every possibility at Ben Franklin Crafts, I finally settled on an adorable giraffee applique and Blumenthal big pack of pastel buttons. Don't you just love the giant buttons? I found some fuzzy letter stickers in my alphabet drawer (doesn't everyone have one?) which fit on the buttons perfectly. I tied a dotty ribbon around the giraffee's neck and used Fabri-Tac glue to stick everything down. The simplicity of the album seems to suit a newborn baby. The yellow bag in the background is one that I made and showed on a previous blog post. The decorated page on the gift bag can be removed and placed in the album. I hope that Carin will work on this album because I know that I regret not being more diligent with my sons' albums. My husband says I'm like a cobbler (not the fruit dessert) with no shoes. When did my boys grow up? I must have been sleeping. I KNOW I wasn't cleaning my house!



1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Haha! You always give me a good laugh. Your album turned out fabulous and I'm sure Carin will enjoy every part of it and putting her baby photos in it. Have a great day!