Thursday, July 29, 2010

China Trip and Grad Party

Traveling has forced me to pre-schedule most of my recent posts and read but not comment on some of your great blogs.....sorry! Hope my posts weren't too boring. I just returned from a trip to China and had just enough time to unpack and re-pack my suitcase for a trip to Honolulu to attend my son's four cousins graduation party. China was hot and crowded but the shopping bargains were fantastic! Beijing, Xian, and Shanghai were more modern than I expected. (See photo.) The trip really brought history to life and made me appreciate the sophistication of the Chinese culture........and the shopping was fantastic!!!! Returning home made me glad to live in Hawaii because of the weather, clean air, open spaces, and easy lifestyle.



The cousins' graduation party was a great success. Knowing that I would be too tired from my China trip to do a decent job on party favors or decorations, I suggested we do a candy bar so the guests could help themselves. My sister-in-laws who live in Honolulu did a terrific job of setting up the table of goodies, arranging the room, picking the menu, and planning a program. Thanks Ann and Lynn!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Omg! That is where I want to go someday and see the great wall. I'll bet that place with all those clay figures must of been so amazing to see in real life. Glad to see you're back in Hawaii.

Anonymous said...

wow did youget to hike the wall, just awsome love the pictures what a wonderful worl we live in one happy crafter