Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hop into Spring with these Craft Goodies

I absolutely fell in love when I saw the new American Crafts ribbons at Ben Franklin Crafts. The luscious colors just shout, "SPRING" and the price ($2.99) says, "bargain"! My favorites are the rose ones in the center and the pom-pom ribbons on the left. Of course the crochet-look ribbons are fabulous too and so popular with cardmakers. In the back of the ribbon rolls is one of the new Martha Stewart embroidery crafts I discovered at Ben Franklin Crafts. This package contains two pillowcases that have a seashell border printed on them and includes the thread and instructions. There are lots of pillowcase designs to choose from (roses, butterflies, etc.) as well as embroidery kits for baby onesies, bibs, and aprons. I think these kits are fabulous for the novice embroiderer especially since they have the designs printed on the finished item so it will be easy to create a lovely project in an evening. Spring is the perfect time to learn a new craft or revisit an old one. Try embroidery....it is very satisfying to know that your work will probably outlive you and be enjoyed for generations to come. Thank you for reading this blog. Come back again soon.


3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I saw those ribbons at the store and wanted all of them!The ribbon roses are my favorite ones. I didn't see the pillowcase. I'll look for it next time I'm in the store. I was at Market City today and did not see it.

Unknown said...

I liked the middle ones! Just having a browse thro your blog.

Have a gd weekend! Lesley
www.norfolkcrafts.blogspot.com
England

eCommerce Solution said...

This can be a great hobby. A hobby that I've been wanting to do but never started. Due to hectic schedule I can't be able to have a hobby anymore.