Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fairy Card

Here's another card I made using a die cut layer fairy that I got from the CHA show. As with the layered roses the fairy was put together with tiny foam squares. On each sheet of die cuts there are about three different figures. Some of the die cuts are printed semi-glossy and others like this fairy are printed metallic foil paper. I think that Ben Franklin Crafts should start carrying these die cut sheets because there are so many themes (bears, geisha girls, flowers, etc.) that would appeal to paper crafters. Anyone else interested in this technique? The swirly light green vellum on this card was cut using a die embosser from the same company that sells the die cut themed sheets. The other dark green swirls were cut using a Sizzlet set. I spritzed the paper flowers with Tsukineko sparkle spray to help them match more with the card. This is a good way to fancy up your boring single color paper flowers.....you know that you have a lots of them that could use an updated look. The 'inspire' plaque is from my stash and I spritzed the inside paper with gold so that it wouldn't be so plain white. Oh, the dragonfly brads were found in the bottom of my embellishment drawer.....I knew that I was saving them for something!



This second photo is a side view to show you the layers of the fairy. Sorry, the shine sort of makes it hard to see the layers. Anyway, I had fun making this card because I didn't have a deadline and used shiny things plus the colors I love. Have a good week and thanks for stopping by. I love your comments because they give me feedback that helps me to grow as a crafter. Thanks friends! P.S. Don't forget to use your 40% off coupon at Ben Franklin Crafts this weekend!



2 comments:

kris said...

oooooh! that's beautiful!!! love the shimmery shine!! =D

Shirley N said...

Clicked on the picture and wow, love all the beautiful sparkle and shine! Your fairy is beautiful!