Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Black and White Card

I've never made a black and white card before because I love color. Somehow though it seemed appropriate to keep this graduation card colorless because it is for a school of engineering male graduate. Gears, numbers, and other steam punk stamped images seemed just right too....serious and precise. I am still toying around with the pop-up gift card construction (from Joy of Crafting) and re-configured the size to suit my needs. Of course I'm not giving the graduate a Ben Franklin Crafts gift card but it's what I had available to use for the photo shoot. The blank black portion of the card will be used to write a message in silver or white ink. Anyway, I can finally send out this very belated card. Now I have only two more belated cards to make. LOL! Sometimes I get cards mailed out in a timely fashion......really! I'm glad you stopped by. Leave a comment if you have some time. I do enjoy hearing from you. Your cheery comments make my blogging day a happy one!









6 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Wow Lynn~
This card card is gorgeous, luv it.. I think you did a awesome job on this card... I'm sure the recipient will enjoy it very much...

Shirley N said...

I love your masculine black and white card Lynn, looks so professional! Great graduation/guy card!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card Lynn! Black and white is a great combo for a masculine card.

kris said...

i love your take on the b&w... the card came out beautiful... TFS... i'm inspired to try some b&w too... penciled in to my crazy schedule... hehe

Cami said...

This is a wonderful male graduation card, Lynn! Perfect papers for his major, too! I really struggle with masculine cards, but you did a great job putting this together! Black and white always looks so classy! Pardon the pun!
Cami

leilei said...

I love the black and white!!! :) And the inside is just as beautiful with sticking to the theme at hand. Im sure the graduate will be happy to receive this card!