Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Finished Moving Card

A couple of posts ago I gave the instructions and measurements for making my moving card. I decided to make a card from the card base used in the tutorial. Since I had just purchased the Sister Stamps (#2) from Ben Franklin Crafts, I decided they would go perfectly with the Asian-looking Bo Bunny double-sided paper. After deciding which image should face which way (and because this card was going to a family with a son and daughter) I chose Nobu from set 2 and Kiyomi from set 1. To the card base I added some crinkled washi paper (just wrinkle your own scrap if you don't have washi paper), printed origami paper (from a pack found at Ben Franklin Crafts), stamped words (Hero Arts), and ribbon (from a large BFC roll labeled 'retro' sold in the gift wrapping dept.). I colored the SS imjages with Copic pens (from BFC). The butterfly from the Kiyomi stamp set was used inside the card and is what Nobu seems to be chasing. The atennaes on the butterfly image were cut off (too difficult to cut out) and replaced with stamen from the floral dept. in Ben Frankln Crafts. Becasue Nobu's arms were wide enough to hide the moving tab, it was easy to attach him and makes him seem to extend across the width of the card. I hope this card inspires you to try making a moving card. It's fun and not difficult. Thanks for visiting this site. Please check back again to see more of my ideas.





5 comments:

SuiLan said...

I think your card came out great and I will definitely come back to check out more of your creations.

Creations by Shirl said...

Lynn~ Your card came out awesomely pretty... Great coloring on both Kiyomi and Nobu.... I really like your layout too, those papers are totally fabulous...... Such a terrific card my friend....

Jenny said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hi Lynn, your moving card came out really cute. I too love the Asian theme.

Cheryl said...

This is really cute Lynn!!! Your coloring looks great!