Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Halloween Cards for Project Life Album

I know it's hard to tell but these cards are in Project Life album sleeves (perhaps why the photos are a bit blurred).  I wanted #1 to finally get some of my photos in some sort of album and #2 use up some of the Halloween paper scraps and stickers I've amassed over the years.  With the Sizzix die sets that I purchased at Ben Franklin Crafts, I was quickly able to die cut many cards.  The raven card is actually a card (cut by putting the folded edge just under the cutting edge of the die) that can be sent as a greeting card to another Project Life album maker so she can put it into her album.  I love the raven cardstock by Kraft Corp which is sold at BFC along with the printed words of Edgar Allen Poe. Over the years of my children's childhoods I wish I had taken more photos but there were no cell phone cameras back then.  Alas, that time is 'never more'.  At least technology (and my husband) make it possible to scan camera photos to digitally reproduce them for my crafting use.
This is the backside of the top page.  Notice that I have a section for journaling on every page.  I tried to keep the pages fairly flat so the cards would fit in the pockets.
Like the raven, the cat was cut using a Tim Holtz die (one of my favorites for Halloween).  The moon was enhanced with Wink of Stella clear sparkle (too subtle for photo). The brush pens (which come in lovely colors) are now available at HM Ben Franklin Crafts. The cute row of mice was made with a Martha Stewart border punch.
I was very pleased with the ease that these Project Life pages came together and it seems that I may actually get my family photos organized and documented.  I certainly wish that I had taken more photos during everyday activities.  For those of you with young families remember that you will never say, "I wish I hadn't taken so many photos".   Photos you can always delete but time is fleeting and life is impossible to recreate.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

oh Lynn!! I'm not a PL person, but I do love all of their products, they do make quick and fun cards. This project is really cool. It looks like it came together perfectly. Your kids are so cute! Thanks for sharing your project and all the supplies.