Friday, October 17, 2014

Hello Kitty Beach Birthday Card

 I wanted to make a birthday card for a really sweet girl.  She has a sunny, summery personality and  loves Hello Kitty.  I was planning on moving all my old dies into my new (purchased at Ben Franklin Crafts) three-drawer wood topped rolling bin (a great work station for my Big Shot die cutting machine), so it was time to find my Hello Kitty dies.  I found them and remembered how sweet they are (Why have I neglected them?).  I also found three completed HK with sunglasses...woot! woot!..less work for me.  A die cut Spellbinders border seemed to be the perfect pairing with the HK figure and a beach blanket print paper from a Mambi 12x12 paper pad added a summer touch to the card (even though she is an October child).  For the birthday banner I used a clear stamp and die from Paper Smoochies.
Don't wait for clean up time to discover the craft treasures you already own. With a few new additions you can give a fresh twist (or curve) to 'old' supplies and even use up some  paper scraps.  I hope this card reminds you that Hello Kitty will live forever..... just like me.....LOL!

5 comments:

eva said...

HK never gets old! i wish i had bought more when they were still around. such a sweet card!

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw this is so HK cuteness.... I'm happy that I got the HK cartridge even if I don't have this image.....

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

I'll bet that lucky girl will just LOVE this sweet card. I got those Spellbinder dies from BFC and LOVE them.

Annette Allen said...

oh my now this is TOO CUTE.. totally love Hello Kitty

Leanne said...

oh how sweet!! Love the border and fun paper. That HK is too cute too! hahaha! I bet your friend appreciated all the love you put in to this card just for her. Wonderful job!!