Monday, December 8, 2014

Lawn Fawn Gift Card Holder

 I had a few more gift card holders to decorate, so I decided to make a scenic one using the Lawn Fawn 'Snow Day' stamp and die sets.  When my husband first saw the front of the gift card holder, he said, "Oh, an Easter card?"  When I showed him the inside he said, "Rabbits in the snow?'  Okay, rabbits are not the traditional Christmas animal, but they do frolic in the snow because it provides good camouflage.  I liked this Lawn Fawn stamp set (from Ben Franklin Crafts) and matching die set because it has lots of images which can be used for other occasions.  For example, the 'You Warm My Heart' stamp could be used for Valentine's Day.  The sentiments were stamped in gold (Delicata ink pad from BFC) and then heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  I used a Paper Smooches curved border die to cut the glitter paper in hill shapes but you could cut it freehand.  The moon was cut from shimmer paper  (DCWV from Ben Franklin Crafts) and has a subtle glow that I really love.  To add some interest to the trees, I stamped them in green ink and painted them with a green Wink of Stella pen (available at BFC).  The 'snow bunnies' were given fur by gluing on some Martha Stewart white glitter flocking (sold in a set at BFC).
I don't know why the blue is so bright in this photo and not the real color that shows in the first photo.  In this photo one of the half (I cut it) Velcro dots shows a lot but in normal lighting it barely shows (like the one on the left side).  I didn't put the Velcro closure dot in the center because it looked like a planet next to the moon...LOL!  You can faintly see the opening (for the gift card) in the stand up part of the holder.  The felt snowflakes are from my stash but I know that I originally bought the pack from BFC. The Doodlebug sequins in a combo of white, silver and clear are perfect for embellishing Xmas projects. Finally, the printed tree 12x12 is a Bella BLVD product which you can find at HM Ben Franklin Crafts along with many other lovely two-sided sheets.
I hope that you will try to make your own gift card holders so your friends and family members will know that even though you had no idea what to get them for Christmas, you did want to give them something homemade from your heart.  Hugs and thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

why YES this is so totally cute.. You know I love LF.. great designing.. i love it

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

I'm seeing more rabbits on Christmas stamp images too. They are super cute. You knocked this gift card holder out of the park. SWEET!!!!

eva said...

wow, a gorgeous gift card holder! i love the LF bunnies! they are adorable and so glad that BF carries more LF products now.

Leanne said...

Adorable giftcard holder. Bunnies are not your average Christmas image but they work so well here. LF makes the cutest images. This is another terrific project Lynn, thanks for always inpsiring!! Have a nice day!

yyam said...

Awwww.....super cute! Rabbit can so frolic in the snow!:)