Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Snow Globe Shaker Ornament/Tag

In blogland this year I've seen lots of shaker ornaments made from one half of a plastic two-part ball.  HM Ben Franklin Crafts have an ample supply of these plastic balls in three sizes so I just had to make some before the Christmas season ends. They were really easy to construct once I figured out what size scallop paper punch to use and that a hot glue gun does not work as well as 3 in 1 Beacon glue.  First I stamped the images on pen marker card stock and colored them with Copic pens.  The heart was hand-drawn because I didn't have the right sized heart punch or die.  The cut pieces were adhered to the punched circle with pop-up glue dots.  Next the bottom half of the globe was glued down and the snow glitter (MS or Darice) added before gluing the top half.
The fox image and sentiment are from a Lawn Fawn set and the penguin is a G Studio product.  Ribbon and a few trims from BFC were added to finish off the ornament which also makes a great gift tag with space on the back for a message.  I'm done with Christmas wrapping for this year but I am saving these for next year (comes around so fast, yeah?) and will probably make a few more before packing away my supplies. Okay, let's all start holiday crafting earlier next year...promise?

4 comments:

eva said...

these all turned out so cute! i just made some with my kids too. another blog friend of mine was having trouble gluing the plastic half ball to the cardstock. i suggested using glossy accents because the tip is narrow enough to add glue right on the rim of the plastic ball. hope that helps. have a great holiday season!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

These turned our super cute Lynn. Yes, great idea to start sooner for next year. Maybe I won't put my stuff away. LOL. Wishing you and your family a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

yyam said...

These are adorable! Merry Christmas to you Lynn! Enjoy the festive season with your loved ones! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Gorgeous shaker ornaments, Lynn! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!