Saturday, January 10, 2015

Sweet Cupcake Thank You Card


I always like to get my thank you notes out as quickly as possible.  I want my cards to have some handcrafted parts but I do take shortcuts when possible.  I started with my new Mama Elephant stamp set, 'carnival cupcakes', with matching dies. I found that if I combined it with a Lawn Fawn set, 'love you latte' (also with matching dies), I could make some sweet cupcakes.  At first I was just going to use it as the centerpiece on a scalloped edged card but then I noticed a neglected box of ready made cupcake cards with word stamps. I purchased this boxed set a long time ago but did not think that stamping the words in the empty circle would be very creative so the card set sat and got dusty.  Today I had a 'Eureka!' moment as I combined the card with my paper 'thanks' cupcakes. Inside the card I used the wooden stamp, 'So Sweet of You' and I added a little shimmer to the cupcakes with Wink of Stella (doesn't show well in the photo, but it's a subtle, lovely touch).
These cards turned out really cute and were so easy to 'bake'.  Although you probably won't find the card set in Ben Franklin Crafts anymore, I'm sure you have some suitable ready made cards to which you could add some cupcake stamped images to get the same effect that I did.  I don't think that this shortcut lessened the handmade quality of these thank you cards and the recipients will know that I really appreciated the time they took to find just the 'right' gift for me.  Hope your Christmas was a 'sweet' one.

3 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

What a yummilicious thank you card Lynn. Makes me want to munch on one now. LOL.

Unknown said...

Sweet idea Lynn! What a clever way to use that Lawn Fawn sentiment too!

eva said...

super cute and sweet! i love that mama elephant bear!