Friday, January 30, 2015

'We Go Together' Valentine Tags

This year HM Ben Franklin Crafts is selling the cutest Pebbles papers and embellishments!  I especially love the 12x12 card stock sheet that has a dozen old fashioned Valentine cards printed on it.  I cut them apart and started experimenting with the Paper Smooches border dies. I thought that one of the dies made the edge of the card look like it was ripped out of a notebook (especially after punching three holes) so I added it to a large tag (Little B die set) but only adhered the die cut edge so it could open like a spiral notebook (to reveal a Valentine message). To 'unstick' the exposed double-stick tape, I brushed it with the EK Success Powder Tool (see bottom photo) which is a cool product that lets you neatly apply a great smelling powder to make surfaces unsticky.
Here are two other Valentine gift tags that I made using the Pebbles card stock and Paper Smooches border dies. You could use decorative scissors to cut the borders if you don't have the dies.  I used double stick tape on only the sides and bottom of the die cut edges so that I could slip a gift card (perhaps McDonalds or Starbucks) or money into the pocket.
Finally, here are two more tags that are actually luggage tags (Paper Accents 3 pack).  I picked and trimmed the Valentine images that would be appropriate for a trip by air or water.  The back of the clear pocket could be used to hold a monetary gift (if you are giving this as a present) and travel ID could be attach to the back of the Valentine.
I did embellish the tags a bit with Pebbles epoxy stickers and Ranger Glossy Accents (not shown). I think the matching 12x12 card stock is cute too, and now I wish that I had used it as the tag base.  Oh well, I still have more to make and attach to some baked goods.  Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment if you can spare the time.  I love hearing from you!

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

these are so cute.. I love all that fun ribbon you used.. very creative

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

You come up with really great ideas Lynn. Never thought of using a luggage tag to insert a monetary gift. I like that! I'm casing the pretty ribbons you used too. Have super crafty weekend.