Monday, December 21, 2015

Resin Purse Charms

If you've recently visited our HM Ben Franklin Crafts in Mapunapuna, I'm sure you've seen our big area devoted to Japan crafts.  I finally found some time to try out some of the purse charm resin kits I bought a few months ago.  I love the kits because they come complete with all the findings and little embellishments.  Also the kits have full instructions in English.
Although I've been told that you can set the resin with sunshine, I am too impatient and prefer the speed of a UV light (available at BFC).  These bracelet style purse charms are the rage in Japan because additional charms can be added to the chain.  The one on the right can actually be worn as a bracelet if your wrist is small enough.  The cookie-like bird charm on the left is my favorite but the ice cream charm is the most realistic.
To make these charms you will need UV resin and  jewelry glue plus a UV lamp.  These kits would make fine gifts for someone who has a UV lamp, but you could make the lamp part of the gift.  Making these charms was exciting and I know that I'll make more because I purchased lots of molds, colorants, and embellishments.  Since I am giving lots of small purses for Xmas this year, I plan to attach charms to them.  I hope you have a chance to see and buy these unique resin crafts at the Mapunapuna BFC store.  Happy Holiday Crafting!

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh wow how fun.. so creative.. thanks for sharing..

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG, they are ALL so cute and fun. Have a very Merry Christmas Lynn.