Saturday, December 5, 2015

Snowman Snowglobe Tag Ornament


 When I  saw the Snowman stamp set and matching dies, it was a no-brainer that I had to buy them.  I knew the large snowman image would make a fantastic shaker card or tag.  By using an oval die from a Spellbinder set, I was able to cut out the window in the snowman body.  I cut the same shapes from two foam sheets (didn't have one thick one).  I glued (Beacon 3 in 1) a piece of acetate under the body that was stamped on watercolor paper (nice texture and thickness). Then I glued the foam pieces beneath the acetate and trimmed as needed.  A pile of MS snow glitter, Stampendous glass glitter, and WOW! iridescent glitter was placed under the body that was glued into place on the Echo Park printed card stock tag (cut with a Little B die).  All the other pieces for the tag were stamped on watercolor paper with Memento ink, die cut and colored with Zig Kuretake marker brush pens (Wouldn't a set make a great Xmas gift?) before they were attached to the tag with foam squares.  For extra texture and glimmer I colored the snowman with Wink of Stella clear and glued (MS glue pen) on white Fun Flock on the hat and sweater. Because of the dies, this tag was put together quickly and could easily be mass produced.  The dies in this set cut the images very precisely (with very little white borders) so you may want to stamp first then die cut. This tag would also make a pretty tree ornament for the recipient.  All of the products used on this project were purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts....the place where you will find all the crafting supplies you desire!


2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh my that snowman is so FUN.. this will be adorable on a gift.. :)

yyam said...

Awwww...super cute!