Thursday, October 6, 2016

Grumpy Halloween Tags

Last year I was really too late to make good use of these Taylored Expressions Halloween stamp and die sets.  I find the images and sayings to be delightfully grumpy so I was glad that Halloween came around so fast.
Paired with the Paper Smooches Quote Tag die set, I knew that they would make cute tags to tie onto my home-baked Halloween goodie bags. (On some tags it's hard to see the 'V' cut outs that indicate that the character is speaking.)
For added interest Halloween ribbons/twine, stickers or shanks-cut-off buttons were added.
 Some of the words fit better if the tags were turned on their side.  The words were stamped with white ink and heat embossed with white opaque embossing powder.  If some of the words do not come out clearly, you can 'fix' them with an opaque white gel pen.
 The Taylored Expressions dies are great because they cut close to the image, but the stamps are made of red rubber which are not clear so you cannot see the through them to stamp accurately.  I discovered that the solution is to die cut the paper first, ink up the stamp, then place the die cut paper over the stamp and press by hand. The result of this method is that I didn't have a single misprint! I think this method may work with the clear stamps too, which often are hard to align even if you stamp first and die cut second.  I hope you've enjoyed this post.  Leave me a comment if you can spare the time. I love hearing from you....really!

2 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Oh my goodness, so much fun on a tag! All of these are wonderful!

TFS! ~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog

Shirley N said...

OMGosh, such fun sentiments! Love your cute tags Lynn. You are such a bad enabler, another stamp goes on my want list!