Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Happy Bird-Day Card

 Here is the third of a series of birthday cards I made using the Sizzix happy birthday words die.  As with the previous two cards it was super simple to make because the die cut words occupy most of the card front.  I chose a printed feather pattern paper from a 6x6 paper pad and used a Xyron Adhesive machine to apply a sticky film to the back of the die cut words. Tip: Dust the card front with cornstarch to remove unwanted tackiness.)  I stamped the Santoro girl on a bird and used Copic pens to color the image. HM Ben Franklin Crafts has a good selection of Santoro stamps...you're sure to find one that you love.  I used the We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-dile corner clipper to round the card base (Paper Accents) corners.  Ben Franklin Crafts also has lots of different colored feathers so it was easy to find some to match my card. I pulled out some of the down feathers and glued them to the bird.
 Since I had a bit of the patterned paper leftover, I glued it into the envelope to fancy it up.  Funny how the little touches go a long way to make a greeting card extra special.  I hope my last three posts have demonstrated how easy it is to make many beautiful birthday cards using just one basic die. Give it a try!

No comments: