Sunday, April 8, 2018

Hummus Hack

My husband suggested that I include recipes and cooking hacks in my blog since I'm always inventing and tweeking my home cooking.  Here is a recent shortcut (hack) for making hummus that I created because I love the taste of Thai peanut sauce but find peanut butter to be messy in a blender.  Peanut butter powder from the supermarket is a quick add in to give hummus flavor without stickiness.  I placed a can of garbanzo beans, 2-3 T. of peanut butter powder, a splash of white vinegar, a few dashes of sriracha sauce, 1-2 T of sesame oil, and 1- 2 T. of honey in a Bullet blender.  Mix until hummus is smooth. (Add a bit of water if the mixture is too thick and add salt to taste.) There you have it.....a simple, tasty hummus. Enjoy!

1 comment:

yyam said...

Yum! Thanks for sharing!