Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Hello Kitty with Bear Balloons Birthday Card

 Recently, I saw a card in blogland that had a really great cloud background. Simple instructions explained how to achieve the look using Distress Oxide Ink (Ranger), a cloud die and a water spray bottle.  After one non-cloud try, my second attempt was acceptable enough to make into a card.  Because my daughter-in-law and I are Hello Kitty fans, I decided to dig up my old Hello Kitty dies to make her a birthday card.  The dress and bow were paper pieced and rather than deal with the tiny eye, nose and whisker pieces, I glued a piece of black paper behind the face and penciled in the whiskers.  The dies for the bear balloons came from a different die set and I used two die cut pieces to represent my newborn identical twin grandsons. For the balloon strings I glued on Nipoly wire that used to be sold at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  If you don't have any colored, flexible wire in your stash, you can substitute twine.  The sentiment was stamped with a very old Stampendous wooden handled stamp and Kaleidacolor ink.  Also in the photo are packages of 3D foam squares (my favorite brand from BFC) and Lawn Fawn 'Just For You' stamp set (to fancy up the back of your handmade cards). I hope this card encourages you to try your hand at making cloud backgrounds. If you need a detailed explanation, write to me at lsakami@aol .com and I will be happy to answer you.

 "I've looked at clouds from both sides now, from up and down and still somehow, it's cloud illusions I recall,  I really don't know clouds at all"....Joni Mitchell.


1 comment:

yyam said...

Awww....such a cute little "scene"!

I've been seeing lots of people using Distress Oxides...do I need to get some??