Sunday, October 14, 2018

Soaps For Holiday Gift Giving

 If you've been to HM Ben Franklin Crafts recently, you probably noticed all the wonderful supplies for making beauty products. It really is super easy to melt a soap base in the microwave, add some fragrance and colorant, then pour the mixture into a mold.  Voila! You have beautiful handmade soap bars to give to your lucky friends. In the photo above, the pink is a citrusy grapefruit, the yellow is a refreshing lemon (I added finely grated lemon peel for texture and scent.), and the green is a yummy melon scent.
For a Thanksgiving dinner favor, you might want to wrap the soap in unbleached wax paper,burlap cloth and fiber ribbons, then embellish with a pine cone, a cinnamon stick and a feather.  All of these items can be purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  The soap under the burlap has a sweet almond fragrance to which I added some raw oatmeal for texture and its skin-soothing quality.
 For the soaps in the first photo, I used these items.  The soap blocks are available in goat milk, avocado and shea butter.  There are many scents and colorants to choose from at HM BFC.  I truly enjoyed the ease of making these soaps and I'm very pleased with the quality of the finished product.  I hope you will try your hand at soapmaking. It will leave you bubbling over with joy!

1 comment:

RachelMartinez said...

What have you done it from? As I started to use recently soup from https://www.alyaka.com/brands/rms-beauty/ and it is so natural, that my skin demands it more and more. And no other soap and now cosmetics is not OK for this. So I am enjoying this one now. Will yoo provide the same contents and ingredients here?