Monday, November 26, 2018

Kitten and Puppy Christmas Gift Tags

As promised, I've begun making Xmas gift tags.  This year I was going for a different look, something fancy that would mean that I could attach it to a simple ribbon and forgo a bow.  Since I had purchased some great new Xmas dies and stamps from HM Ben Franklin Crafts, I decided to use them in combination.
The 6x6 Kaiser Craft Xmas paper pads provided the perfect papers for die cutting the snowflake base for the kitten and the holly base for the puppy tag.  To add a little sparkle I glued on some Martha Stewart clear crystal glitter to the snowflakes and gold sparkle glitter to the holly berry sprigs. (Look at the tags close up.)  The Kaiser Craft paper pads also had some foil papers which were used to die cut the Lawn Fawn 'celebrate'.
The animals were colored in with Copic pens and the stockings were paper pieced by die cutting them out of a second piece of printed card stock.  Final touches were added by Fun Flocking the stocking cuffs and tying on some red and green twine. You can (as I did) make a bunch of these to dress up your wrapped gifts.  Hope this post has given you a new take on the traditional Xmas gift tags. Leave me a comment if you aren't too busy with holiday preparations. Happy Holidays!

No comments: