Friday, November 30, 2018

Welcome Baby Double Slider Card

I wanted to make a fancy gift card holder to send to new parents of a much anticipated baby boy.  I decided to use the Lawn Fawn double slider die set because I had two funny Taylored Expression images I wanted to use. I started by die cutting the pieces from stork print Pebbles (I think) card stock.
 The panels for the images were cut from watercolor paper and  stamped with waterproof black ink.   Distress Oxide Ink was smudged around the images and sprayed with water.  After the panels were dry, I colored them in with watercolor pencils.  (If you use markers they will bleed through to the back of the panel.)
 To finish off the card, I added the banner stamped with the 'Welcome Baby' (Paper Smooches), a die cut (Lawn Fawn) pocket  in the back for the gift card, and the pull tabs (Lawn Fawn die).
The die cut 'hugs' was cut from DCWV pearl sheen paper. The LF pocket die set comes with the words and a cute heart die.

 This is the second double slider card I've made and I enjoy playing with the paper mechanics. I like the surprise element and I think it will amuse the first time parents.  I think a double slider panel like this would make a cool  hanging calendar/ gift tag with some hidden greetings inside.  What do you think? I know you are busy crafting, wrapping and cooking but drop me a line if you have time to spare.   Your comments always make me smile. Season's Greetings!


1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

how totally fun.. yay for double slider. I have not done a slider card yet.. maybe I should.. thanks for sharing