Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Autumn Gnome Cards

 I'm not sure why I'm attracted to gnomes but 'something' MADE me purchase two more gnome stamp sets from Whimsy. Gnomes always make me think of autumn so I decided to use my recently 'rediscovered' Japanese washi tissue paper with leaf inclusions.  I discovered that the tissue paper had a unique look over various card stock blanks....top card blank is salmon colored and bottom is a dark brown.  (Actually, I used the tissue to cover up misprinted card fronts...hahaha!) I used Copic pens to color images on both cards.  The leaves on the top card were from an inexpensive pack of crispy artificial leaves from HM Ben Franklin Crafts. I rubbed them with gold paste to add a subtle shine.  The word plaque was cut with a die from the Sizzix set.  The Paper Smooches words were stamped and heat embossed with neon green powder.
This second gnome card features another cute Whimsy gnome image and a Lawn Fawn die cut mushroom house.   I 'love' the house because of all the details including an open door...so many uses on autumn projects. The grass was cut with my 'old faithful' Martha Stewart paper punch.  The heat embossed sentiment sign (Sizzix die) was flicked with gold ink.  Although not really visible in the photo, the snail shell and eyes were highlighted with Crystal Accents. Sparkly neon orange Stickles paint was added to make the snail even more weird. I hope this post has been enjoyable for those of you who love gnomes and the autumn season.  Please visit again for more Autumnal goodness!

No comments: