Saturday, September 26, 2020

Autumn Gratitude Mice Card

 This card started with the cutest Stampendous 'cling acorn stamp'.  I just couldn't wait to ink it up.  On my craft desk, I had some wispy green washi paper and coarse washi paper with small leaf inclusions and lots of foxing. I wet the edges of the green washi with water before tearing the edges.  This gave it a nice frayed look.  Next, I used the Brenda Walton oak leaf die to cut out a shape from the coarse (badly foxed) washi paper.  With dark brown Memento ink I stamped the mice image onto the die cut oak leaf.  After coloring in the mice and acorns with Copic pens, I rubbed Range Distress Oxide ink onto the edges of the leaf before spraying and blotting with water.  The leaf was crinkled to look more realistic.  The edges of the burlap ribbon were trimmed off and the ribbon was frayed before gluing it onto the card which already had the green washi glued down.  (I used 3 in 1 Beacon glue.)  The die cut oval wreath (Whimsy) was glued down too before adding the oak leaf with the stamped mice image.  Next, the artificial leaves were glued down before the stamped and gold heat embossed 'Gratitude' was added.  Most of the supplies were and most likely still can be purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts except for the Whimsy die and Stampendous stamp.  Oh yes, don't forget to flick gold Liquitex ink on the finished card.  I have GRATITUDE for the fact that I am able to make an autumn card even though I've never lived in a place with a real autumn season and real fall leaves.  I do believe that mice play with acorn caps...don't you?

2 comments:

yyam said...

So many lovely details on your card! :)

eunice said...

I love Autumn for the rich golden colors, and your beautiful card mirrors the beautiful hues of the season perfectly. House Mouse stamps are adorable and the textures and layers you added to your card really make it special!