Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Huge Wishes Birthday Card



Just a quick post today to show the birthday card I made for a 1 year old birthday boy who had his birthday party cancelled twice due to the pandemic.  I kept the card simple like a children's book illustration.  With the Avery Elle stamp and die set, it was an easy card.  I colored the sky and grass with Hero Hues (Hero Arts reactive dye pads) using a mask made with a cloud die for the sky.  Spraying with water and blotting resulted in the mottled background.  The grassy hill die was used but 'trimmed' by hand as the grass was too long..LOL!  The heart stickers were added to cover up a black ink dot on the hippo but I liked it so I added one to the rhino too.  My Misti stamper was used to align the words exactly where I wanted them and allowed me to make multiple cards.  I added a small birthday cake in front of the animals (image from an old Hero Arts clear stamp set, 'yummy treats') to make the card more birthday-ish.  Please leave me a sweet comment if you have some extra time.  Thanks!  I love hearing from you.




No comments: