Saturday, April 3, 2021



I love this Art Impressions twin bunny egg hunters image and bought the rubber stamp years before my twin grandsons were born.  I'm psychic!  Anyway, I thought that it would make a great card front for the surprise inside the card.  Since I didn't feel like fussy cutting the image, I stamped the image on a 5-1/4" square of watercolor paper ad rounded the corners with a corner clipping tool. (I didn't clip the top corners of the purple card because it would show on the inside of the card along the fold.) Next, I colored in the image with Copic pens.  After stamping the image on a Masking Magic paper (from HM BFC), cutting it out and applying it over the watercolor paper Copic colored image, I started dabbing on two colors of blue and two of green Hero Arts reactive inks (from HM BFC) to form a sky and grassy area.  Leaving on the mask, I sprayed the scene with water and blotted.  Once I was satisfied, I removed the mask and  drew in the grass sprouts with a green color pencil.  I filled in any white spaces around the image by applying the reactive inks with a tiny brush.  The Impression Obsession words were die cut from pearlized pink paper and adhered after running through a Xyron sticker maker. A little bit of Scribbles crystal paint was applied to the eggs.
I actually created the inside of this card before the outside.  I watched the Lawn Fawn video of a card made with the amazing Create a Basket die set.  I knew that I HAD to try it.  I simplified the  basket contents and added a die cut Lawn Fawn chocolate bunny with a bitten ear.  To make the bunny look more like chocolate I coated it with Glossy Accents.  
The words were stamped on a Lawn Fawn die cut banner.  From this photo you can see how the card pops up and folds down.  I didn't have the SMILE die that was shown on the video, but I had a similar one that said Big Hugs and it worked well for this project.  I am pleased with this card because it represents the joy of the Easter egg hunt which speaks to the kid in me.  I'm excited to watch the excitement of the search that will surely shine in my grandsons' eyes this Easter.  I hope that all of you will never lose that thrill of the hunt....I'm still keeping my eyes open for that elusive antique, bejeweled Faberge egg!  Happy Easter to All!!!!


 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Your Easter watercolor artwork on the front of your card is very beautifully done, and will no doubt be treasured by your grandsons for years to come. Thank you for sharing the details of how you achieved the wonderful soft colors of your background. Love the fun pop up basket surprise inside too! What a great idea to add glossy accents to your chocolate bunny!