Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Rabbits With Easter Egg Balloons

Just after I got the Whimsy slimline cloud die, I was inspired to combine it with the stamp set of rabbits floating with balloons.  I had a funny thought that the balloons could be Easter eggs.  The card evolved  and I imagined that they could be tossing colored eggs to rabbits below.  I started by making the rainbow background with Hero Arts reactive ink pads (from HMBFC).  After making the color layers, they were spritzed with water to achieve a mottled look.  Initially, I wanted to use vellum paper with a cloud print, but that proved to be too see-through so I backed the cloud frame with another die cut made from white card stock.  Then both cloud die cuts were attached to the rainbow sheet and all of this was adhered to a blue card blank.  The rabbits were stamped with permanent ink and colored in with Copic pens before fussy cutting out the images.  The egg balloons were die cut (using a LF die, not shown) and glued over the original stamped balloons.  Smaller eggs were hand cut by simply clipping off any part that didn't look like an egg...LOL!  The rabbits and eggs were mounted on foam adhesive dots.  I was planning to put a sentiment where the small cloud (upper right) is.  However, I couldn't decide on an appropriate one so I simply put the cloud there and perhaps later I will attach a sentiment label.  Hope you enjoyed seeing this colorful, whimsical Easter card. Have a hoppy holiday!




 

No comments: