Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Twin Mice Thank You Cards

Okay, so I found another Penny Black Valentine stamp that I just couldn't put away before using it to make a thank you card.  Ah, but then I made three! Two of them have the same Pink and Main postage stamp die cut edges.  I basically did a similar procedure on these cards as I did on the previous post hedgehog ones.
For this card, I added a Heiko red, white and blue skinny ribbon (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts or Celebrations).  From my sticker stash I found three tiny acrylic hearts that added the perfect touch to this sweet card.
Since this card's format is a square, I decided that a gold edged thin satin ribbon (Heiko) would balance off the top and bottom of the card.  I think coloring the mice grey makes them more realistic and attractive on this version of the card.
Finally, this third tag/card was created because I had an extra fussy cut image and found an extra large post card stamp in my stash of odd stamps.  By stamping along the fold of the card stock, hand cutting the edges, and threading a Heiko ribbon through a hole punched in the post card tag/card, I was able to make a rather unique tag-card.  Oddly, I like this card the best of the three even though it was thrown together at the last minute.  I plan to attach this tag card to a gift to my twin grandsons and their parents.  The mice really remind me of the boys who often cuddle together to conspire against their parents. LOL!