Saturday, June 19, 2021

Father's Day Card 2021



My husband and I saw the movie, 'April Fools' early in our romance and quickly became entranced with the idea of frogs being the symbol for our relationship. When I saw the Hero Arts Hoppy Day stamp and dies sets it was a 'must have' purchase.  I thought that the frog image would pair well with the Lynda Kanase i-crafter die set which would provide a 3D scene.

In general, I stuck with the basic scene, coloring with Copic pens.  For the middle part with the swan, I cut off the bird and added a one-leg balanced frog that was stamped on Distress ink colored paper.  
This top view shows how the layered card was put together.  The section with the frog had the ends cut off and the panel was glued between the two other panels.  I used the Lawn Fawn die to cut the scripty words from foil paper.  I lost the apostrophe so I replaced it with a heart sticker (which also covered up an inky smear..heehee!).
Because the back of the card revealed where the Copic pens bled through the die cut scenery, I decided that a piece of light violet vellum would cover up the back as well as add a nice color. I used a scrap of leftover vellum to stamp and heat emboss the 'toadally awesome'.
Besides having our symbolic frog, I think this card really embodies my husband as a father.  He somehow manages to balance everything (work, family, and organizing our household) all while standing on one leg and being 'toadally awesome'!  He's the best father/grandfather to our boys and grandsons and me!  (I think I am his 'problem' child...hahaha!)


 

3 comments:

eunice said...

Awww... love, LOVE your sweet froggie card and even more your cute romantic story! Adding the vellum to the back of the card is a great touch, I imagine that the filtered light that comes through the back makes the whole froggie scene look almost magical!

yyam said...

Very cute! I love the effort you put in to make your cards dimensional. I'm just too lazy when it comes to cards. *LOL*

Annette Allen said...

this is too cute.. I love that little froggie. great designing.