Monday, July 5, 2021

Band Theater Fold Birthday Card

This card is for a friend who I've known for decades.  We went to the same schools all the way through high school and ended up playing flutes in the McKinley H.S. band.  Choosing the colors for this card was a no-brainer...black and gold!  I picked papers from two 6x6 paper pads and after die cutting ended up with pieces for two cards.  I stamped the Happy Birthday To You words on the black dotted paper and embossed them with silver heat embossing powder before die cutting the panel. 

Following the instructions on the Taylored Expressions theater fold die set, I assembled the card and added the stamped, colored, and fussy cut musicians plus the banner with the words, 'Strike Up the Band'.

When the card is fully opened the musical scene is revealed.  I ended up making this card vertical (despite the fact that the horizontal card can stand up) because the musical sheet stamp (Hero Arts) only fit vertically.  I love the theater fold format and I'm really pleased that I tied in the band theme and school colors into this card for the birthday girl....uh, lady.  Hopefully, this card will make my long-time friend remember all the fun times we had playing in school band.

                                           

 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Woo Hoo! Another super fun Theater Fold card! The portrait format is a great new idea for this style card... I like it a lot!