Thursday, July 1, 2021

Theater Fold Surprise Birthday Card

Usually, I don't have trouble following construction instructions, but I must admit I had to watch the Taylored Expression video of the theater fold die card several times.  I did my own take on it and I think the result is pleasing. I started by choosing a flower print paper from a Taylored Expression 6x6 pad and a birthday gift sheet from a 6x6 pad that I purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  After using the theater fold die you will have pieces for two cards.  Oh yes, stamp and emboss the words before cutting the 2nd 6x6 sheet.  
I used a Whimsy stencil, Hero Arts stamp pad (from HM BFC) and Hero Arts blending brush to decorate the star background.  Next, I stamped the My Favorite Things image on marker paper and paper pieced the gift and girl's dress. I colored the girl with Copic pens before fussy cutting her out.     

                                                                                                        

When  fully opened the card is very 3D but still folds flat for mailing.

Here is a top view which reveals some of the construction.  Now that I figured out the assembly of the theater fold card, I'm sure that I will make more of them.  I have at least two more birthday cards to complete this month so check back to see how they turn out.  Hopefully, I will be able to take a bow after successfully finishing more cards using the applause-worthy theater fold die.

 

2 comments:

yyam said...

Well done! Looks awesome!

eunice said...

Great job on your Theater Fold card! I made my first Theater fold card a few years ago, and that was my last, lol. A little tricky to put together but worth the effort, right?