Saturday, November 20, 2021

Christmas Kittens Flip Card


I really, really liked the Art Impressions stamp and die sets.  The kittens are so cute and Christmasy in their winter sweaters.  I was also fascinated by the way the card opened to reveal the rest of the message and the backs of the kittens. How clever is that!  The instructions for the card were on the packaging but either the Ai instructions were misinterpreted by me or they gave the wrong measurements.  In any case, I had to a resize the card to make it work.  To fill in the unbalanced spaces, I added some do-dads from my Xmas stash.  Oh yes, to add to the Christmas sweater look, I ran the Whimsy embossing plate over the striped card stock. The texture is super cool...it looks and feels like something knitted.

The flip side of the card with the kitten backs turned out fine and they really look like they are holding up the sign.  I know that I will make use of the kitten stamps again because I can see all kinds of possibilities for them even without the die cut flip part.  Although this card did not turn out as I had hoped, it still was interesting to work on it and I have lots of new ideas for cards.  Isn't that what creative crafting is all about?  So what are you making today? 

2 comments:

eunice said...

What an adorable kitties in sweaters holiday card! Your sweet kittens look so festive in their sweaters and your flip card turned out great. I find myself constantly fixing up card measurements to suit my own preferences so I totally understand your initial frustration working with this card. Front and back images always make the "funnest" cards!

Annette Allen said...

what a cute flip card.. love those kittens..