Friday, November 12, 2021

Pumpkin Spice Gift Card Holders

Here are the front and backs of two gift card holders I made for two coffee loving friends.  I used an Art Impressions die to cut out the cups and all their parts.  I think the take out cup gift card holder was supposed to be attached to a greeting card because the set only included dies for front parts.
It wasn't hard to use the dies to cut parts for the back of the card holder.  For the bands, I just wrapped  strips of coordinating card stock around each cup and glued them in the back covering the seam with a fussy cut character.  
The Whimsy stamp set called the creatures pandas, but I don't think they look like panda bears at all. They are cute though so I colored them like tail-less lemurs? grey gophers? or maybe they are a hybrid of animals in my fantasy brain. LOL!  

For some texture and color I glued on some fake candy sprinkles to the doughnut using Bo Bunny pearlescent white paint which comes in a tube with a small tip.  

I  die cut two cup lids to go over the white die cut inside card and glued them on either side of the card.  This card has room for writing a message and two slits for holding the gift card (to a coffee shop, of course).  Two die cut sides glued together to form the cup, snuggly hold the card.  The Ai stamp set has several stamps and dies to create card holders for other occasions.  I like the realistic list check-off stamps and medallion dies.

I know that I'll make good use of The Ai set because I like giving gift cards...easy and useable for coffee loving friends. Next time I think I'll try just attaching it to a card...maybe for Valentine's Day....gotta plan ahead right?


 

No comments: