Monday, November 20, 2023

Autumn Gnome Tags



I really like gnomes and fairies. I guess I like the idea that there might really be tiny creatures who exist in a secret fantasy world. Anyway, I just couldn't resist getting another gnome stamp set. This one is from Hero Arts and has some great gnome images.  These two tags were made not only to ink up the gnome stamp but to use up my experimental background papers.  I do a lot of trials with new mediums and I hate to waste the test pieces so I make them into tags.  The top tag used a scrap of foiled Pink and Main black toner autumn leaves that were foiled with the Minc machine.  The words were also Pink and Main black toner autumn phrases.  Sorry that the foiled areas and words don't show up well in the photo ....blame the lousy photographer. The gnome and mushrooms were stamped on marker paper and then colored in with Copic pens.  The gnome had a matching die which I used...love the Hero Arts bundle sets (dies and stamps together).  The mushrooms were fussy cut by hand.


The second tag also used an experimental background made from a brick stencil (Stampers Anonymous) that came with the mushroom stamps. I used a red (barn door) stencil butter with the brick stencil to create the stone look. Before the stencil butter was dry I sprinkled on some brown heat embossing powder. Once dry I heated the piece with a hot air gun to melt the embossing powder. This technique did not result in a rock-like appearance as I had hoped but the 'bricks' looked a bit more realistic.  My favorite part of making tags is finding the 'perfect' yarn/cords to match the tags.  I am pleased with the finished look of these tags especially since I was able to use some specialty yarns I discovered in Japan.  Having a stash of craft supplies to chose from is the highpoint of being a crafter/hoarder. Hahaha!


 

1 comment:

eunice said...

Your autumnal gnome tags are very pretty. Your talent of being able to save and use your left over scraps to create something useful and so pretty. Though I often save my left overs, I rarely remember use them!