Friday, November 24, 2023

Once in a Blue Moon

With crafting it is 'Once in a Blue Moon' that a project turns out just as it looked in your mind's eye.  This is my Once in a Blue Moon card.  I was testing out a new product, called Opal Polish, I found at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  It is a thick paste that has an opalescent sheen when dry.  I used Blue Wisteria and applied it with my fingers...just discovered that the top of the jar contains a sponge applicator..LOL!  I just used one color but as you can see it dried pinkish, bluish purple.  After the paste was dry on the marker paper, I applied a little white tickles paste and let it dry, too.  The Stickles gel paste has some stars and glitter which are very attractive.  At first I planned to use a circle die to cut out a tag from the Opal Polish glitter paper. However, once I made the circle I decided that it looked like a blue moon....that started my imagination going!  I found my Hero Arts fairy die and a newly purchased pack of  12 glitter cards with envelopes (Paper Accents).  Both are from HM BFC.  I used the die on grey vellum paper. Be sure to run the die and vellum through your machine many times because the details are very delicate and some vellum papers are tough.  The last steps are to glue (Fabri-tac) down the moon onto the glitter card and then the die cut vellum to over the whole card. That's it!...super simple. As you can see the iridescence appears pink at some angles and bluish purple at others.  The photos don't show up the glitter blank card but it also has a slight iridescence. I hope this holiday season brings you many 'Once in a Blue Moon' experiences...just keep your eyes and mind open wide! 

                                           


 

No comments: