Wednesday, September 26, 2007


There’s something about knowing it’s the fall season but not seeing any signs of it in our neighborhood that makes me want to craft something autumnish. When I saw the golden pearls sticks and the autumn jasper beads at Ben Franklin Crafts Bead Shoppe, I knew that they would make a great necklace. Because the pearls were so outstanding I wanted to let them be the focus. I also felt that putting too many pearls in the necklace would diminish their beauty. I hope that you’ll agree with me that this necklace really captures the glory of autumn and yet it is subtle enough to be wearable with many fall outfits. The pearls were from the latest shipment to the Bead Shoppe. There were so many beautiful strands that I know I’ll be going back to buy more soon. I’ll try not to buy them all before you get there, but you better hurry! The necklace was simply strung on gold colored beading wire and the clasp fastened with a crimp bead. All the findings are gold-filled but you could use gold plate findings too. Make yourself a piece of autumn jewelry to celebrate the season.

Lynn

No comments: