Sunday, September 30, 2007

Last night was shopping night at Ben Franklin Crafts. I started by first looking at the Martha Stewart sections to see if I missed anything. I found the ribbon organizer and picked up one in a pretty aqua color. I hope it doesn’t get too dirty because it is covered in a fabric, which looks like it will soil easily. Maybe I should Scotchgard it. The ribbons in the collection are on rolls designed to fit perfectly in the ribbon holder. Don’t be like me a start tearing off the paper ends of the ribbon rolls. You’re only supposed to cut the corners off the cardboard ribbon rolls and they will roll nicely. I also purchased some rubberstamp sets. They come in pairs on wooden handles for $9.99, which is reasonable for such large stamps. I understand the bird sets are based on state birds. Both the leaf sets and bird sets seem to be selling well and I was disappointed that some of them were completely sold out. I am planning to stamp (with fabric ink) on some Martha Stewart plain dishtowels and embroider the designs. If they turn out well, I will show you a sample. Although, I didn’t think the paper punches were particularly attractive, I decided to buy some to see if they are superior to other brands. I thought the oak leaf punch was cute. I also bought some more glitter in autumn colors this time. By punching out the leaf from vellum scraps and running them through the Xyron sticker maker, I was able to make some stickers. I rubbed the stickers with various autumn glitter colors (on each leaf) and I then ran the sticker with the glitter side up through the Xyron sticker maker again. I ended up with some pretty, sparkly glitter leaf stickers. The punches were easy to use but not really different from others I already own. Tomorrow I will play with some of the Christmas clear rubber stamp sets (Hero Arts) and see what I can create to show you.

Lynn

No comments: