Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Inspiring Magazines

I just picked up an armful of craft magazines to inspire my imagination. In fact, one of my favorites is called Inspirations published by Stampington and Co. The current issue has a catalog of the company's great rubber stamps. I also found the magazine, Belle Amoire, (by the same company) to be a very lovely issue. This magazine has lots of clothing and jewelry ideas and is sort of a composite of the special issues for handbags, jewelry, and their other craft projects of wearable art. I purchased a copy of Cloth Paper Scissors too, because it always has wonderfully designed artwork. This issue had some great felting designs, which I will use to inspire me to make new felted projects for you. CraftStylish is a new (to me) company who is now publishing a magazine called Quick Stuff to Make. This summer issue has mostly textile and jewelry projects. Most of the ideas are colorful and simple. Good instructions for knitting and crocheting are included in it too. Although this was the first time I've seen the magazine, Creative Jewelry, it is actually the 7th volume. I think beginning beaders will like this issue because it contains very simple designs made with easy to find components. I've always admired right-angle weave beading projects but I didn't really know what it included. The new special issue by Bead and Button Magazine is titled Right-Angle Weave. I would recommend this magazine for serious beaders or someone wanting to learn a new technique. The projects are beautiful. I decided to write about my latest magazine finds now rather than include them in the next (fall) newsletter because that would be too late for you to purchase them. Happy reading!

No comments: