Thursday, July 3, 2008

On the Go

Where are the blogs? Yes, I know I just started a new site (where you can even make comments to me) and then I just stopped writing. Although I’ve been on vacation, I never really stopped thinking about crafts. During the past two weeks I’ve been shopping for supplies and looking for ideas. It will be a few more weeks before I start sharing my finds, but I think I have discovered some exciting craft stuff. I saw a consignment craft shop and perhaps the set-up could work for Hawaii crafters. The idea is not new but it maybe just what the craft community needs to stimulate more interest in handmade crafts. Even though the gas prices are high in Hawaii, I guess we should be thankful that the distances we have to travel to buy our craft supplies is rather short. I know there are lots of cyber stores on the internet, but I guess I’m still old-fashioned and prefer to touch and see the craft items in person before I purchase them. I also would rather pay for gas than postage/handling. Sometimes though, the convenience of shopping online out weighs the benefits of handling the merchandise. Have a firecracker of a weekend and take some time to make some sparkling crafts.

Lynn

No comments: