Sunday, July 27, 2008

Leftover Bead Bracelets


As some of you know, I am a fan of the Bones TV show. Not only do I like the program, but I am fascinated by the jewelry that the female characters wear on the show. The necklaces are almost often organic-looking or perhaps like the beads came out of an archeological dig. I thought it would be fun to create some bracelets that have the 'Bones' look (even though the program rarely shows bracelets).


Pictured in this blog are two bracelets made by simply stringing beads on 7 or 19 strand Beadalon wire (silver plated and Bronze). I try to match the stringing wire to the findings so that the part of the wire that shows will blend in with the crimp beads and clasp. You can consult any beading book or magazine to learn how to properly crimp and attach a clasp. I'm sure that any of the Bead Shoppe employees can show you how to do it, too. I call these bracelets Leftover Bead because they can be made with all the odd beads leftover from projects you made using packages of Dress It Up beads or strands of Imagine It beads. Except for the large copper ball and the silver square with a cross on it, all the beads and findings were purchased from the Ben Franklin Bead Shoppe. I hope you'll try to make your own Leftover Bead bracelet and create a one-of-a-kind, wearable art piece.

No comments: