Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back to Crafting


I just returned from a trip to the mainland and so I'm trying to catch up on blog reading. Sorry I haven't been commenting much. At the tail-end of the trip I stopped by the Mapunapuna Ben Franklin Crafts and found some interesting items. I checked out the Bead Shoppe first because I wanted to get some of the new Swarovski two holed crystals so I could make the ring shown on the Ideas and Inspiration site (see my sidebar). I was also able to get a free instruction sheet. While getting the crystals I spied some plumeria flower bracelets. From the photo you can see that they come in numerous color schemes and that they are gorgeous. I understand that lots of customers bought them to give to graduates instead of leis. I think they will make great gifts for those Hawaii girls who are away from their island home or friends planning to visit our state.

Other goodies that I couldn't resist are the faux leather notebooks with pens by Sierra Pacific (which come in some lovely colors). I couldn't believe that they cost only $1 !!!!! They are perfect to decorate and have on hand for a hostess gift or make dozens for favors. There were more Studio 112 products that I picked up, too. These embellishment stickers will be beautiful on the notebooks with pens by Studio 112 or Sierra Pacific. Finally, I just couldn't resist the Hello Kitty puffy dessert stickers. I don't know what I'll do with them yet, but they were just too cute to pass up. If you are a HK fan, you know what I mean. Luckily, BFC always has an ample supply of Sanrio items in stock. Well, thanks for reading this post. I promise to get working on new projects to show you what caught my eye while shopping during the trip.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Hi Lynn,

I love those HK puffy stickers,too. I'll worry about what to do with them later!

kris said...

i'm gonna have to take you shopping with me!! hehe... you always find the good stuff... now i have to go search for those notebooks, LOL... great finds Lynn!!