Thursday, June 30, 2011

Super Easy, Large Hole Bead Bracelet

I love playing with the 'bead soup' in the Ben Franklin Crafts Bead Shoppe. It's sort of like digging for treasure in a glass bowl. You just never know what's in there until you search. A few days ago I noticed that the soup bowl had the metal-lined, big-hole beads that I find attractive. They were priced right ($1)....way cheaper than the Troll beads (the ones that started this trend and can cost $50 for just one bead!). Not being able to resist, I dug through the bowl and picked out a handful of mostly irridescent metal lined beads. On the same day I purchased some colorful irridescent chain bracelets that I planned to use with a hardware clasp my sister sent me. Once at home, I realized that I could remove the end jump ring from the plain chain bracelet and string the beads on the chain and replace the jump ring to stop the beads from falling off. Wow, a bracelet made by just the opening and closing one jump ring! Because the bracelet was a bit too long I reattached the jump ring to the third link of the chain. Rather than cutting off the extra links, I decided to leave them so I can attach an appropriate charm (when I find one). Maybe I might add some charms between the beads, too. The colorful irridescent jump rings sold at Ben Franklin Crafts will be perfect for attaching them. Thank you for being a reader of my blog post. I hope you've enjoyed it and will leave a comment if you have the time. I enjoy your feedback.



No comments: