Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Got Cookies?

It seems like ages ago that I bought the humorous Stampendous cat stamp but it was really only this November. I love the image but it took me over a month to come up with a card design that I liked. The new Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp and emboss holly set made it possible to change a plain red and white striped paper into a double embossed fancy background. I say double embossed because the holly leaves were first stamped in green pigment ink and then sprinkled with green embossing powder and heated with a heat gun. Next the embossed paper was embossed again in the embossing folder (from the set) run through a Sizzix Big Shot machine. Although the texture of the striped paper with holly leaves does not show up well in the photo, I do think it adds an interesting feature. The other new item I tried on this card was the Martha Stewart sparkle flocking. I used white sparkle flocking on the cat and I think it really makes it pop and feel soft too. The little star and gingerbread man cookies are Darice buttons with the shanks cut off. The words were made with a Dandelion Design stamp. The little mouse staring at the cat is really a ring holder I found at Ben Franklin Crafts. Isn't it cute? For those of you still struggling to find the right last minute gift, I've got a great idea. How about Hello Kitty cookie cutters? I found these adorable giant cookie cutters at my favorite store..... BFC of course! Any crafty cook and Hello Kitty fan would love to receive these with some pretty Wilton sprinkles. Okay, that's it for now.....go shop, wrap, or sit back and relax before the big day.

5 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a super cute card...and those Hello Kitty cookie cutters are so fun..

Creations by Shirl said...

Aww that's a cute kitty cat.... I'm just a cat lover, anything to do with a cat I like..... Great detailing on your card too.... And those HK cookie cutter's looks like fun to make great sugar cookies from it...
TFS - and have a very joyous holiday....

Joy said...

I always Fluffles! Think because my cat is just as round!

Cute card! I got the HK cookie cutters but I haven't baked anything yet. I might use it with Hearty Clay for an ornament or something.

Cheryl said...

Cute image Lynn! What is that white oval piece? Is it a doily? How did you make that?

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Oh what a CUTE, CUTE card. And the Hello Kitty cookie cutters would be a great gift for a cat lover.